Monday, August 20, 2012

1st day of 1st grade

This past week has been a good one. We took our time and really enjoyed our last week of summer break.

We went to the water park with some friends on Monday, and lazed around the house the rest of the week.

On Saturday we went to a birthday party for Kaeden's soccer coach's kiddo! He was turning the big 5. We had a lot of fun attending his party and spending some time with friends there.

Brennan also turned 11 months old on Saturday. Don't even get me started on where the time has gone. Brennan is turning into an expert walker. I just want him to slow down!

Sunday we went to the pool and got all of our gear together for the big day!!

Today was Kaeden's first day of first grade. We walked to school with some friends and it was great. Kaeden was very indifferent and said he had a "mostly good" day. I'm okay with this. Can't believe my little boy is in grade school. He's so smart, I know he will be ready to take on the world soon!

Here are the questions I asked Kaeden this year:


Color: Blue

Food: Turkey sandwich with cheese that looks like a pokeball

TV Show:  Pokemon

Song: Doesn’t have a favorite song- sad!

Animal: Snakes

Sport: Soccer

What do you want to be when you grow up: An astronaut that can make ice cream

What age is old: 60

What toy do you want the most: Skylander giants starter pack


 Brennan's 11 month pictures:




 So Sunday morning, I got up with Brennan. He usually gets up at around 5:30am and like every other morning I was in an exhausted stupor. I sat down with him in the living room and we were watching cartoons. I was eating cereal and he crawled into the kitchen. Usually, this isn't cause for concern as he's obsessed with my broom. I finish up my cereal, walk into the kitchen, and he is COVERED in red food coloring. After I realize it isn't blood, I yank off his cloth diaper (it was a hard to find one that I would probably never get my hands on again) and take him to the tub. My plans to let Chad sleep in were crushed as someone had to clean up the awesome mess the baby left in the kitchen. So this (below) was the aftermath. He's all clean now, now...thank you blue Dawn


No comments:

Post a Comment