Friday, January 20, 2012

HELP ME

Brennan turned 4 months on Wednesday, and he still isn't a great sleeper. He was the first few week (of course), but ever since then he has gotten into a routine but it's one I really dislike.

For starters, he sleeps in the pack and play and the end of our bed. We do swaddle him sometimes in swaddle blankets sometimes in the woombie. He will sleep for about 4-5 hours at the start of the night say around 9-1:30. Then after 1:30 he's up at 3:30 or 4, then 5:30, then 7:30 or 8 for the day. When he wakes up at 1:30 I can tell he's hungry, and that's fine. I do not expect my exclusively breastfed baby to sleep through the night right now. However when he wakes at 3:30 and 5:30 he's not hungry but wants to comfort nurse. He usually wakes up, nurses and is back asleep in about 5 minutes. I've found if I just sleep where he has access to milk in the way a hamster has access to it's water dropper I don't even really wake up when he starts to nurse, however, I don't want to co sleep anymore.

I really just want to hear other people's experiences, especially those with babies who are close to Brennan's age. It has been over 5 years since I've had a baby this age and I've totally forgotten what it was like. I remember Kaeden finally started STTN at about 8 months when we moved to Alaska (but we had to use the cry it out method which I want to try to avoid this time around).

I also want to say I am very thankful for Brennan. There have been TOO MANY people in mine and Chad's life who have been unable to have children or who have lost their babies either in utero or shortly after. I know they would love to be getting up with their babies in the middle of the night, and so I don't want to sound like I'm ungrateful. I just am looking for possibly different ways to help both Brennan and myself get more consecutive sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment