Saturday, December 24, 2011

Merry Christmas Eve!!!

The last 2 nights have been nothing short of magical!

A few weeks ago Chad and I were talking about some our favorite Christmas traditions. I brought up how my parents and I used to drive around and look at Christmas lights and how it's so rare to see that these days because of the cost of electricity and people "going green". I also remember how my nana (who is not the most skilled of cooks-I love you nana) would order a tray of nuggets from Chick-fil- A.

So we did a little research and found an amazing neighborhood in Valencia....where there just so happens to be a Chick-Fil-A! The light display in this neighborhood was unlike anything I had EVER seen. Each house had a snipet of the Night Before Christmas in their yard, there were carrollers; it was just pure Christmas magic. It was hard to snap pictures cause we were moving and the light was low but I tried to get a couple.





Today was a mellow day, but I somehow managed to totally screw up dinner. Oh wait, now that I've typed out how bad of a cook my nana is, I'm seeing that this was karma. Perhaps I should have picked up a nugget tray last night. Hmmm....next year! Kaeden and Brennan were allowed to open a "present" from Gran and Pat. They sent it last week as a non-Christmas present but with it being so close to Christmas I didn't want them to open it just yet. However, because it was a Christmas theme I wanted them to enjoy it and allowed them to open it today. Kaeden is in love and honestly it's incredibly cool. Brennan doesn't care now but I have a feeling in a couple years he will! It's a little dog named Jingle and when you read his book to him he barks and whines at certain times in the book-way cool! He also came with a DVD which we watched right before bed. We also made a gingerbread house that turned out better than any other in years past, and made some pretty "sweet" cookies for Santa.

Speaking of Santa, it's time to go suit up and get all the kids presents under the tree!

I'm sure there will be more pictures of tomorrow than anyone ever wanted ;)

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!




Thanks Gran and Pat!!!



K pouring milk for Santa. He also wrote a letter "Santa, all I wot is skylanders Thank You From Kaeden." It's a good thing Chad bought skylanders earlier this week for him!!!


Yes that is an awesome WonderWoman gingerbread woman!

No comments:

Post a Comment