Saturday, August 13, 2011

Rocket Man!!!!

Yesterday Kaeden and I continued the DIY frenzy we have been on and made a rocket pack out of some 1.5 liter bottles, duct tape and tissue paper. I know, it sounds so McGyver! Anyway he loves it. I actually had to remove it from his sleeping body last night. I think every man, woman and child NEEDS one of these rocket packs! I'm even considering making a tee-tiny one out of super small gator aide bottles for Brennan's newborn photos!




Yesterday was kind of a rough day. Mostly emotionally. As I was looking around the shed for the duct tape, I happened to look over to Kaeden's kiddy pool and noticed a mouse in it. DEAD. MOUSE. If you know me, you'll know this was like instant frozen horror. If you don't know me, you just have no idea the lengths I will go to avoid ever seeing a mouse again. I HATE them. So I'm freaking out, I mean completely. I know I have to get it out but how. I finally decided I'm leaving it in there until Chad gets back. Then as my criminal justice training kicked in, I realised if I left that mouse in a pool for 7 days it would...just...not be good. So after freaking out, I called my mom (like she can do anything 2,000 miles away) and just had her talk to me on the phone. I fished it out with a leaf skimmer and threw his dead mouse ass over the fence. After that I was pretty much numb all day. I freaking HATE mice. Overall, I'm proud that I was able to do it. I really didn't think I was capable.

Today has been good, both boys let me sleep until 8! WOO HOO! Around noon, I started to get antsy and K asked to go to the playground so I told him we would go to subway, grab lunch, and head over. Subway was undergoing renovations, so there were closed. I drove K by Burger King to get a kids meal and decided I want Chinese. Well, apparently it's only open during the week FML. The playground was miserable hot. Like I sweat in places I shouldn't, pregnant or not. We didn't stay long and after grocery shopping we are back in our nice cool, air conditioned house. So far we haven't done any crafts today but I did manage to take some REALLY cool pictures of a grass hopper that landed on my window at BK.






Tomorrow seems like it's going to be one of those try to clean and organize the house days. We shall see....

No comments:

Post a Comment