Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Happy Anniversary!

So today is mine and Chad's 9 year anniversary, very exciting stuff!

We decided not to buy each other gifts this year and instead open a savings account for us to go to Hawaii. Instead of buying Chad a card, I made him several and I saw this idea on pintrest and KNEW it would be perfect. It cost about the same as buying him a card but said EXACTLY what I wanted it to say!




I'm sure you can imagine my surprise when I opened my card and found this:


I was even more shocked when I saw how much he put aside in our "special" savings for the trip. I didn't do a good job of not spending money this month, buying for a baby is WAY too much fun. After seeing this though, I am super motivated to make sure we have a great family vacation.

Today I had a doctor appointment. It went well. I didn't gain any weight, horray!!! Brennan's heartbeat was good, blood pressure good, etc. I had an exam done and found out I'm 3.5cm, 60% effaced and he was a -3 station. I'm one of those type of people that try not to look into things as a lot of women walk around for weeks and weeks at 3 and 4 cm; however I was 3cm, 80% effaced with K and had him 2 days later. I don't expect to have Brennan in 2 days, but I don't anticipate him making it the full 40 either. My next appointment is on Tuesday.

The base cancelled soccer yesterday due to the heat, it has been extra miserable here lately. I was thankful for it but Kaeden was bummed. Instead we did a craft. It didn't turn out how I pictured it but he was a fan of it anyway.





Glow in the dark paint was FUN!

Today I spent most of the day at the school getting ready for the PTO Teacher Appreciation Dinner, which thankfully went really well. It took a lot of hard work and effort so I'm glad it paid off. I still have to go back and clean in the AM.

I also had Kaeden's "open house" night where his teacher talked about what all he would be learning this year and everything sounded really good. It was fun to come home with things he was currently doing and actually have him talk about them for a change.

I came home to a nice, hot, fresh PIZZA. Chad made a good call on that one, cause I sure was too tired to cook!

No comments:

Post a Comment