Saturday, July 23, 2011

Insant nursery just add baby

My mom and I are a lot alike in some ways. We love to shop for hours, we love chocolate and wine, and we have an unhealthy obsession for coach bags. In other ways we are complete opposites. I love (and am good at) cooking...she is...getting...better. I like to sew; I'm pretty sure she had never picked up thread or a needle. She is very good at doing hair and makeup; I am not. One of the things she is best at is something I am HORRIBLE at...decorating. Generally speaking, my mom can take a shoestring budget and a small home and make it look amazing. I can't. Seriously, I lack that gene or something. So usually Chad ends up having to tell me that things just don't look right or my ideas are awful. Thank God for him.

So here is the "problem", I have Brennan's nursery how I want it set up but the walls are pretty much bare and I have no real ideas on what to do. So I decided I'd snap some pictures and see if you guys could come up with any ideas for me.

I do have a few things floating around in my head, like a pillow for my glider, a valence for the window, and maybe a tractor picture above his crib? I also want to find a distressed looking wood frame with no glass and put it around the overalls above his light switch.





Photobucket


Photobucket

The diapers part of the closet:

Photobucket

Clothes newborn and 3-6 months:
Photobucket

Onesies: 0-3 months, 3-6 months, and 6-9 months:
Photobucket

SHOES!!!!

Photobucket

So if you have any ideas, please share. I don't want or need the walls to be overloaded, but a few things would be nice!

2 comments:

  1. This website is awesome. They're decals and they come off real easy so you don't have to paint before you move out when it comes time.

    http://www.dezignwithaz.com/wall-stickers-kids-rooms/fullcolor-nursery-decals/farmer-wall-clings-p-1671.html

    This rug is adorable:

    http://www.curbly.com/chrisjob/posts/7800-the-john-deere-rug-series

    You could do little tufts of grass here and there.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the owl art on the window ledge. you can make and frame a few of these http://blogs.westword.com/showandtell/2011/06/felt_stuffed_owl_craft_from_st.php

    ReplyDelete